- all recipes
- gluten free
- quick and easy
- salads and appetizers
- seasonal eats and occasions
- side dishes
- summer salads and sides
Summer Sides and Salads: Chimichurri Peach and Avocado Salad
You guys, its stone fruit season, which means PEACHES, PEACHES, and more PEACHES! This salad takes advantage of all of the summer flavors: fresh cilantro and lemon juice, spicy peppers, creamy avocados, sweet peaches, and crunchy cucumbers!
If you have had the oregano heavy chimichurri with meat (usually steak), this is its fresher lighter cousin. I’m opting for cilantro instead of oregano, tons of spices, and a little heat from a serrano pepper! I can’t even explain the magical burst of summer this sauce and salad evoke on my tastebuds. Can’t even.
I will be very sad to see stone fruit season come to and end. And nine out of my ten reasons are related to this salad. This one, you just have to try yourself.
- 2 peaches (I used one white and one yellow), cut into 1" pieces
- 2 small persian cucumbers or 1 english cucumber, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 avocado, chopped into 1" pieces
- 1/2 c. cilantro leaves, gently packed, plus more leaves for garnish
- 2 tbsp. flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 serrano pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds, toasted and finely ground
- 1/4 tsp. coriander seeds, toasted and finely ground
- 1/2 tsp. cloves, toasted and finely ground
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. pistachios, toasted
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted
To make the Chimichurri: In a food processor, pulse garlic, serano pepper, cilantro, parsley, and lemon juice until coarsely chopped. Scrape down sides as needed throughout the process. Add toasted and ground cumin, cloves, and coriander, crushed pepper, salt, and black pepper. Pulse to combine. Drizzle in olive oil and pulse to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
In a large bowl, gently toss chimichurri mixture with peaches and cucumbers to coat. If not serving immediately, cover and chill until ready to finish assembly. (Do not toss in avocado until ready to serve.) Add avocado and very carefully toss so that the avocado does not bruise. Sprinkle top with pistachios, sesame seeds, and additional sprigs of cilantro. Serve immediately.